|Posted on June 6, 2014 at 12:00 AM||comments (0)|
1. Resin Donut Fridge Magnets - set of four $16.00 | Etsy (CreaShines)
2. Donut Patterned Crewneck Sweatshirt $29.95 | Zumiez
3. Crochet Donut Pin Cushion | Etsy (Cyrillas Crochet)
4. Gigantic Donut Pool Float $18.00 | Fancy
5. DIY Donut Pumpkins | Studio DIY
7. Paper Plate Donut Garland (Kids Project) | My Poppet
8. DIY Donut Balloons | Studio DIY
9. DIY Donut Doormat (Ikea Hack) | The House That Lars Built
10. Paper Donut Gift Box (with free printable) | Minieco
11. DIY Donut Pinata | Studio DIY
12. Frosted Mini Donut Soap 6pk $7.00 | Etsy (Soapopatamus)
13. Perler Bead Donut Coaster Set | Pop That Cassette
14. Polymer Clay Donut Charm Bracelet $27.00 | Etsy (Zjakazumi)
15. Donut Necklace $10.00 | Etsy (OwlNest)
16. Grreat Choice Donut Dog Chew Toy | Polyvore
17. "Donut Worry, Eat Sprinkles" Print | Etsy (shoplemonfresh)
18. Polymer Clay Donut Earrings $25.00 | Etsy (Nechegonadet)
19. DIY Donut Tire Prank | Studio DIY
20. Hello Kitty Frosted Donut Key Cap $5.99 | Mod Cloth
Frosted Donut Puzzle | FoodBeast
Donut Sweatshirt | Nitrolicious
Donut Printable Gift Tag | Make Bake Celebrate
Ceramic Donut Coin Bank | Etsy (ModClay)
DIY Felt Donuts | Try it. You Might Like it.
Crocheted Pink Frosted Donut | Loee. M.
DIY Ombre Powdered Donuts | Paper + Stitch
DIY Donut Floppy Sun Hat | Studio DIY
Super Sweet Donut Onesie Tutorial | Hearts in Crafts
DIY Simple & Sweet Felt Donut Pillow | A Beautiful Mess
Psst...It's also National Yo-yo day, so if you're not a fan of donuts, you still have my permission to throw some confetti....Yay, Yo-yos!!
|Posted on June 5, 2014 at 9:10 AM||comments (0)|
1. Etsy (Asymmetree Design) / 2. Etsy (WhiteNest) / 3. Etsy (LittleTeaWagon) / 4. Dot and Bo / 5. My Sister's Suitcase / 6. Feathers of Gold (DIY) / 7. Wanelo / 8. Curious Reserve / 9. Target / 10. Project from the book "Everyday Handmade" via Martingale / 11. Clever Spaces / 12. Jade and Fern / 13. ex-t / 14. Society 6 / 15. O Living / 16. Cibone / 17. Aspect Ideas 18. West Elm / 19. Urban Outfitters / 20. Etsy (Sharmilaw)
|Posted on June 4, 2014 at 12:00 AM||comments (0)|
1. Can you imagine how yummy these cookies with gummy bears must be?
2. I love the idea of filling a family tree with photo printed leaves!
3. A simple, novel card idea for when you miss the one you love.
4. My newest dream car, the Mini Superleggera Vision. Yes, Please!
5. An ice cube tray makes ice cubes that looks like raindrops!
6. I'm on "Cloud 9" about this adorable ceramic pendant from Shoppe!
7. Got a $1000 bucks lyin' around?...Light up your deck with this bad boy!
8. This beautiful cake topping inspires me to add sticks of gum for typography!
|Posted on May 30, 2014 at 12:00 AM||comments (0)|
I came across this amazing set of illustrations and really felt the need to share them with you.
They are by fashion illustrator, Katie Rodgers of Paper Fashion. She has amazing work on her website and has an interesting technique with her watercolors where she adds jewels and it really brings the finished pieces to life!
This one below is my favorite. It's from a series called "Far Far Away" It looks like such a dream world...Isn't it just mesmerizing?
Below is a sample of some more of her art. (If you notice, the one below/right with the star pants has subtle animation too.)
As you can see below, she's not like any other fahion illustrator. She sets herself apart by her signature touches like animations, real embellishments like glitter and sequins, and the signature "doodle circles" and scroll work around key areas in the body and face.
And if this bottom image looks familiar, you may remember it from the "Gatsby Inspired" post I did a few months back.
|Posted on May 25, 2014 at 12:00 AM||comments (0)|
1. I love this wall arrangement with keepsakes in plexi covered shadowboxes
2. These scary monster bookends could be a bookworm's bestie!
3. Watching the drum-off with Will Ferrell and Chad Smith on Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon made my night!
4. Here's what you miss when your face is stuck in a smartphone
5. I love the idea of painting my grocery list!
6. My new picture book Love Monster (a gift for my son) was a delightful read.
7. DIY these adorable pine trees made out of a common kitchen staple!
8. One of the greatest songs of the 90's has been made into comic art.
|Posted on April 18, 2014 at 2:25 AM||comments (0)|
"The infographic below illustrates the '10 Commandments of Typography' that could be followed as quite the basics when it comes to selecting fonts. Even though typography is an art and art is supposed to be subjective with minimal parameters, these rules can still be applied in order to save time and too much experimentation! Consider the following 10 statements as the best practices of typography…"
click image for a larger view
Just say NO to Comic Sans!
|Posted on April 18, 2014 at 1:25 AM||comments (1)|
Ok, I know we are more than halfway through the fourth month of the year, but in hopes of just making you swoon, Look at how utterly adorable these printable calendars are from web designer, Angela over at Hello Cuteness.
I love anything Kawaii and when I came across this bloggers site, I almost died! As if the name Hello Cuteness isn't enough to don it's own set of dimples, the site's overall aesthetic brings on a feeling equal to diving head first into a huge ball pit....no, really. I mean, will you just look at this robot?
Here is just a preview of some of the months:
(Click on images to go to list of calendar downloads)
You can also get a free full page "Year at a Glance" calendar too:
(Click on image below to go to download page)
Click on the button below to go to Hello Cuteness, and check out all her printables, and services.
|Posted on March 24, 2014 at 7:00 PM||comments (0)|
1. apartment therapy 2. style me pretty 3. diy teen
4. intimate weddings 5. real simple (diy sites: the proper pinwheel
(site in french) 7. lemonade makin' mama 8. architect's corner
(west elm blog has a tutorial, however not for this particular room)
more not pictured: design love fest /
1. joss & main 2. jcpenny 3. rue magazine 4. amazon
5. nate berkus at target 6. deny designs 7. pb teen
8. houzz 9. modern urban living /
more not pictured: walmart / design sponge / apartment therapy
1. hsn 2. henrik vibskov boutique 3. haus interior
6. studs and peals 7. lost in laquer 8. pixels
more not pictured: haute look / amanda pearl / spektor's nails
1. piccolini 2. waldorf (inspired) moms 3. von maur
6. sorry, site is no longer available but here are some links to same
diy ideas: pinterest / snixie / swell mayde and lovely indeed
7. fun at home with kids 8. osh kosh 9. etsy (outside in art studio)
1. etsy (digi buddha paperie) 2. modernly wed 3. green wedding shoes
4. brides of north texas 5. oh happy day! 6. etsy (truleyme)
7. style unveiled 8. matchbook 9. glamour and grace 10.inspired
by this and more watercolor wedding inspiration
here at pretty my party / Oh Lovely Day / inspired by this
1. buzzfeed 2. pinterest (Sheryl Luitjens) 3. deviant art
4. google+ jukkaphan wongkanit 5. slingerville 6. deviant art
(uploaded by rachel rae) 10. drake official
More Sources For Watercolor Inspiration:
|Posted on March 24, 2014 at 1:00 AM||comments (0)|
Over at Inspired by Charm, Michael feature the cutest DIY idea. I was floored when I saw this. So easy and swoon-worthy!
Click on the images to check out the tutorial.
Check out Inspired by Charm for more crafty goodness!
|Posted on March 17, 2014 at 10:20 PM||comments (0)|
So, upon sifting through one of my favorite sites, Brit + Co., I happened to notice a sister site called Poppin.com. I fell in love and it made me wish I owned an office.
Take a gander at what they offer or just head on over to the site I'm sooo lovin' this week: Poppin.com
I love their streemlined simple no-patterned style.
And you can mix and match items and create your own palettes.
They even have nifty freebie downloads for you to trick out your stapler and
scissors! And they have desk goodies from a dartboard to tiki-style desk fringe!
Can we say "Mahalo"?
On their freebie page they also offer printables like lunch notes
genuine fake certificates! This one would be given to me:
One of my favorite features is their Design-a-desk option. It gives you twenty different colors & palettes to inspire you to be the next "Little Miss Organized"!
If video won't play you can view it on YouTube here
Now that I have assisted in your source of your next office supplies, you may need a little inspiration with design and organization. Click below to check out my Office and Craft Room Pinterest board:
|Posted on March 16, 2014 at 7:45 PM||comments (0)|
So, here's a fun project that I thought of that makes for an interesting gift idea for the travel enthusiast friend. I call it a Personalized Street Name Collage. It all started when I discovered this site:
This site is awesome. This dude (Steven Van Worley) spent
months and months corrallingevery common first name he could
think of ...over 10,000!... and collected them for you to navigate to.
Just type your name in the box and it brings you to this:
Then you just have to zoom in on all of the towns, or you can click
on the pushpin at the top of the screen and it will direct you to a
random city's spot with your street name. Then you can drag the
yellow "google guy" to street view so you can see the street signs.
Another Cool feature is that your not limited to United States. (like
in the screenshot above). They go ALL over the world!! You can
see your name in anywhere from New York. to Australia, mate!
(...with some exceptions, though. In certain areas, they show the satellite map,
but you don't have the option of dragging the "Google guy" to the actual street yet.)
These are just a few examples of where I am:
They don't give you a "save picture as..." or download option, so I
took screenshots (which is very handy if you have Picasa because
it's instant and you can edit immediately.) Then you can straighten,
crop, edit and create a collage in any photo editing site
like PicMonkey. (see below)
I had a ball playing around with the site to say the least. (But, I
must warn you...it is addicting!) Then I thought I could do some-
thing with this! My mom's name is Rhonda.
New South Wales
So, right away I got nuts with the dragging and zooming and took
screenshots off all the better signs I could find and created this:
Note: This is in smaller scale. The original is much more clear.
(It's a smaller scale of what I created so it's a little blurry, but you
get the idea.) Then I added numbers next to each circle and upon
sending it to her via email, I listed all the cities and states by number.
(That was the exhausting part). But the cool thing about taking
screenshots, is that all the specs are on the screen so you can
document what city and state it is before cropping.
I did this one below for my sister . She loved it! Don't you just love
the variety of styles from different areas? I think this would be an
awesome gift to blow up to 8x10 and frame!
Then if you can see at the bottom of the image, I typed where each
one is from in order. This would be awesome if after finding out
where all the names are from, you traveled to the places and took a
photo of yourself by each one.
Just an idea...not packing my bags just yet!
Now, here's what you can do if your desired name doesn't come up:
Go to Google Maps (click image)
Type the name in the search box and type a suffix like Lane, Street,
or Road, etc. You'll see names come up of several areas that have
streets with the same. (That's how I made the title image at the top
of this post). Also, this project doens't have to include just street
signs. You can also do names of places like resturaunts, stores,
and cafes, etc. I have something in mind that I'd like to do (secret
project! hee hee) and I will post it in the future.
The site has recently been updated so it's much more advanced
than it used to be so it is super easy to use.
...Plus, you'll be amazed at what you can find!
...ain't it, though?
note: "Awesome" street sign was not found on google maps.
Click on image for link.
|Posted on March 13, 2014 at 1:00 AM||comments (0)|
Rainbow themed craft projects, goods, and inspiration to get you ready for
St. Patty's Day!
1.surprise rainbow party invitation: mr. printables 2. rainbow mobile: scrap, snap, blog, tweet 3. diy gumball machine party favor: tammy mitchell designs 4. free printable alphabet poster: my poppet 5. rainbow dot spiral mobile: etsy 6. crochet nested bowls: whey beyond the naked truth 7. diy paper ornaments: field guide 35
1. sewing rainbows: childhood 101 2. crayon pebbles: munchkins & mayhem 3. sandpaper iron-on tees: alphamom 4. rainbow wind catchers: a pretty cool life 5. styrofoam rainbow prints: the chocolate muffin 6. salt and glue watercolor paintings: pink and green mama 7. rainbow collage: art projects for kids
1. diy rainbow tie-dye shoes: i love to create 2. rainbow dance shoes: rainbow geeks (great blog if you love rainbows) 3. rainbow pumps: haute mimi 4. new balance rainbow running shoes: new balance 5. rainbow rain boots: momstrology 6. rainbow converse: random kalei via deviantart 7. rainbow converse: freshnessmag
1. don valley parkway, toronto: the star 2. big dipper roller coaster: shine little light 3. paint on windsheild prank: cheezburger 4. pantone hotel, belgium: pantone hotel 5. euroslide, toronto, canada: pinterest + toronto snaps for more photos 6. four-classroom kindergarten, paris: the cool hunter 7. rainbow ice cubes:happy hooligans
1. cloud pencil + eraser set: neatoshop 2. smart memo pad: wanelo 3. diy wrapped feather gel pens: idlewife 4. kid made modern by todd olham colored pencils: target 5. rainbow note book: suk uk 6. pixel colored pencils: diskursdisko 7. 8gb buddy chub rainbow usb flashdrive: fab
1. candy + marshmallow favor bags: griottes 2. rainbow veggie flatbread pizza: gimme some oven 3. bright fortune cookie favors: a subtle revelry 4. double rainbow quick pops: zoku 5. rainbow pepper on cheese quesadilla: bent on better lunches 6. rainbow waffles with whipped cream: tablespoon 7. rainbow doodle birthday cake: sweetapolita
1. hair chalking tutorial: trim magazine 2. butterfly hair pins: etsy (the honey comb) 3. rainbow star headband: janine basil 4. diy nail polish painted bobby pins: club chica circle 5. more hair chalk inspiration: flikr 6. rainbow ribbon hair clip: etsy (sunflowers & daisies) 7. diy tissue paper party headband: studio diy
1. rainbow bikini: poshmark and pinterest 2. rainbow scarf: fowl single file 3. pixel tights: smosh and this next 4. rainbow wrist warmers: the adventures of mnms 5. ralph lauren tie-dye polo: lyst 6. popcicle tshirt: ffffound and pinterest 7. donald brooks wool striped jacket: leslie hindman
1. rainbow apholstered chairs: small shop studio 2. cantebury rainbow shag rug: overstock 3. color wheel wall clock: wanelo 4. rainbow colored vintage book set: etsy 5. taped work table: elise blaha 6. knitted rainbow blanket: the purl bee 7. rainbow flatware: macy's
1. colorful dollhouse mini display box: etsy 2. rainbow ribbon with cloud wand: momtastic 3. yo gabba gabba vans sneakers: skate and annoy 4. colorful building blocks: wanelo 5. diy rainbow dress: burdastyle 6. rainbow crocheted monkey cap: etsy 7. rainbow alphabet crayons: etsy
1. rainbow suspenders (mork & mindy): display costume 2. cheer bear: rainbow geeks 3. barbie hangers: etsy 4. rainbow brite necklace: etsy 5. retro yellow rainbow roller skates: the hunt 6. sixties rainbow swimsuit: beauty is a warm gun 7. rainbow brite doll and starlite horse: wyosparkles
1. modern lumbar pillow: etsy 2. round floor pillow: etsy 3. scrappy rainbow pillow: punkin patterns 4. striped rainbow cat pillow: etsy 5. pom pom pillow: flikr 6. rainbow plushie: flikr 7. rainbow doxie pillow: pure home
1. monogrammed rainbow drawstring favor bags: chicka bug 2. rainbow paint chip banner: babble 3. rainbow polka dot paper straws: small shop studio 4. mutli heart rainbow wedding cake: the wedding chicks 5. rainbow strip backdrop: the flair exchange 6. yo gabba gabba birthday cake: flikr 7. rainbow stacked waffles: a subtle revelry
1. vintage square colored bangles: heirloom finds 2. diy rainbow bangle: love u madly 3. source unknown 4. polymer clay rainbow cake earrings + ring set: deviantart 5. rainbow stud belt: overstock 6. stacking toy necklace: fab 7. ice cream earrings: wanelo
1. three pears print: ffffound 2. colors art print mounted on wood: saftety pin designs 3. dance like no one is watching print: etsy 4. photo drips series: markus linnenbrink 5. diy rainbow car art: imagine our life 6. comic villian art: etsy 7. colorful love hearts map: etsy via wanelo
1. louis vuitton leather vertical striped bag: ebon gregory 2. rainbow cross-body clutch: amazon 3. rainbow duct tape purse: etsy 4. gum wrapper purse: eco crafty 5. checkered rainbow backpack: amazon 6. rainbow striped beaded clutch: etsy 7. felted rainbow blotch clutch: etsy
Update: I had to include this amazing web find! On The Proper Pinwheel, they featured a chromatic typewriter, a conceptual art piece that punches color into the paper instead of letters. I fell in love an had to feature it. Check it out.
more details here at studio e
Click Here to Explore My Rainbow Board
|Posted on March 9, 2014 at 6:25 PM||comments (0)|
|Posted on November 29, 2013 at 6:35 PM||comments (0)|
|Posted on November 11, 2013 at 10:05 PM||comments (0)|
12. etsy 13. joann's 14. the chronicles of home 15. loverly 16. cake central
17. dragonfly fibers
18. trash talkin' with jessi 19. 500px 20. viva luxury 21. first dibs 22. indulgy 23. revel
24. curvio 25. fab.com 26. pinterest 27. image buy now, blog later/ belt asos
28. remodelaholic 29. zulily
30. project nursery 31. etsy 32. arabella rose designs 33. etsy 34. target 35. sortrachen
36. asapela home design 37. jill rosenwald 38. etsy 39. etsy 40. the berry
41. kiss and makeup
42. indulgy 43. bohemian wornest 44. debenhams 45. weddings by lily
46. cheap neckties 47. etsy
48. etsy 49. beyond the rack 50. pinterest 51. making home base 52. marcus design
53. wallpapers to go
54. sugar mixtape 55. shop bop 56. saudah saleem interiors 57. nordstrom
58. jess lively 59. padmita's makeup blog
60. etsy 61. antropologie 62. favim 63. snippet & ink 64. polyvore 65. jcrew